OPERATING WITH A GOOD CONSCIENCE
- AIJA is keen to support communities. Each piece is produced by a small family-run enterprise in Bali. We pay particular attention to ensure their operations provide good conditions for all workers.
LEATHER CHARACTERISTICS AND CARE
- As leather is a natural product, there may be subtle differences from hide to hide.
- Imperfections, irregularities, colour changes and signs of wear are normal and should be enjoyed. Due to the nature of cowhide, there may also be slight colour variations from the photo. Leather is porous, so please take care when wearing dark colours as pigment may transfer.
- All AIJA leather bags should be treated with a leather protector before use. It is a good idea to use this protector, or conditioner, on a regular basis to ensure longevity. When not in use, bags should be stored in the dust bag provided and kept away from damp areas. If the leather should get wet, allow it to dry slowly as speed drying will result in damage.
- Spot clean by dabbing the leather with a soft, clean cloth as required. Do not rub.
- If necessary, take to a leather specialist for a good clean. If left unused, leather can develop white ‘clouding’. This is harmless and can be wiped off with a soft cloth.
STERLING SILVER CHARACTERISTICS AND CARE
- All of our jewellery is handmade using 925 sterling silver and should be treated with love and care. As with all sterling silver, jewellery that is exposed to oxygen for periods of un-use may tarnish. If this happens, gently rub with a silver polishing cloth to restore to its original beauty.
- For pieces with more extensive tarnish, soak for 10 minutes in a foil lined bowl filled with boiling water and a spoonful of oxy-action laundry powder. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry with tissue.
- We use Australia Post and/or courier (depending on service area) for shipping. Orders will be dispatched within two working days (please allow up to 5 days for dispatch of monogrammed ITI ) of purchase.
- Shipping is free within Australia for all purchases over $75 AUD. Domestic shipping costs for purchases under this value are a flat rate of $7.
- International shipping costs will be calculated at checkout.
- A tracking number will be provided via email once the order has been dispatched. Delivery should be expected 3-5 days* from date of order however, AIJA will not be held responsible for any delays occurring due to fault of postal or courier company.
- We ship worldwide via post Pack & Track. International shipping costs will be calculated at checkout.